Welcome back!
I cannot believe how long it has been since my last blog. So much has happened!
As you can see from my attached pictures I have received my race number and pack. I also have heard from the Mind Running Group on Facebook that our vests are on the way too!
It's also been a week of action since returning from our holiday too! I have completed four runs to huge success in the end.
The first was on Monday, we went out quite late as we had all kinds of things to do. My other half did come with me. I found it very hard; my legs were heavy, ankles stiff and almost felt like I couldn't keep going. I did though and achieved 3.07 miles in 47 mins 36 seconds, a very slow average pace of 15:32 min per mile average pace.
Wednesdays run was a little easier I found. I picked an old route and went for it, first 2 miles was very hard work, once I warmed up it got a little easier and finished 5 miles in 1 hr 14 m 52 s - I managed to reduce my average pace right down to 14 min 59 seconds per mile! I couldn't believe I was able to shave of more than 30 seconds per mile!
Fridays run was interesting, I set off as normal increasing on my pace but horror struck when my battery flashed low just under 2 miles! I couldn't believe it! At just under 3 miles I lost it completely! in the grand scheme of things I wasn't far from home but I don't think I have ever felt so vulnerable. I realised I don't know any mobile numbers except my Dad's! My parents live 300 miles away! At one point I did think I was being followed, so I ran faster than I normally would to get far enough away as I could. I finished my route, I hoped to do 6 miles and I know I did at least 5. You can see from my photos that I was doing better than my average pace just before my battery died. But, alas, we will never know!
Sunday run I am most proud of. I pushed myself and planned a 7 miles route, I was a little nervous before going out but once was out there and past the first three miles I got into it. I found the hills really hard, I ended up walking them. I also made the mistake of not taking enough to drink with me, I had to stop n a bar on the way to ask them to fill up my water bottle. You can see my screen shot of my results, I finished 7 miles in 1 hr 44 mins and 33 seconds with an average pace of 14:54, still quicker than my 5 miles on Wednesday!
I'm looking forward to 6 miles tomorrow, then again on Thursday, 5 on Friday and 9 on Sunday!! I know I can do this now, I just have to keep moving!!
I intend to write as many bogs as possible between now and the Great North Run and I will continue to do so afterwards as I want to keep training and eventually run a whole half marathon.
Thanks for reading!
Please support Mind and sponsor me by visiting www.virginmoneygiving.com/chrissyrunsin2013
Follow me on Twitter @79bobbin
Follow Mind on Twitter @MindCharity
To find out more about Mind you can by following this link www.mind.org.uk
Just keep running, just keep running!
Chrissy
No comments:
Post a Comment