Welcome back!
I have to say the nerves are really starting to set in now. I read posts from the Great North Run Facebook page everyday reading tips and anecdotes from peoples experiences and my belly does flips!
I have one advantage though, my partner Ant has done the GNR 4 times himself and knows exactly what to expect. He is seeing me off at the start line with the dog and heading to the finish to meet me there, my sister has developed 'Team Chrissy' and will be doing a Metro hop all the way along the route. It is very useful knowing what my average pace is and what I'm aiming for.
At the moment I'm enjoying our last public holiday, I'm still in bed. I have got a 9 mile run planned for today. I planned in my route earlier this week but I think I might change it slightly. It's very warm today but I'm just going to plod on.
I have had a very good plan this week and it started to take shape on Saturday afternoon; I'm making cupcakes for everyone at work and giving them out with a flag in them which has my charity giving page on it! After trying my first batch I know I need to tweek the recipe slightly; my sponge is a little stodgy and my icing is a little too orangy. Next batch will be good though.
I'm also going to be working on my playlist for the race day, now this isn't going to be on very loud in my ear but I will have my head phones in anyway as I need my app to tell me how I'm doing with my pace, I'll have my music on quiet but when I think I need it, I will be able to crank up the volume and just go for it!
I'm also still waiting for my Mind vest - I really wanted to get my twitter name printed on the back for on the day but I might not get it in time now!
We will see soon enough. In the meantime I will be trying to stop my nerves getting the better of me!
Please do sponsor me - you can do via this link
Follow me on twitter @79bobbin
Follow Mind on twitter @MindCharity
Visit their website
Until next time, Just keep running, just keep running!
Chrissy
No comments:
Post a Comment