Friday, 13 September 2013

Great North Run - 2 days to go!!

Welcome Back!

Here is my promised Friday blog. I said I was going to let you know how I was feeling with 2 days to go. Well; I hope this sums it up.

My sister sent me a text message this morning asking me 'On a scale of pebble to house; how much are you bricking it right now?' My answer? Hadrian's Wall!!

I'm very nervous, I'm looking forward to it in so many ways but on the other hand I feel that once it's done I'll be able to start training again for just running. Working on my times rather than my distances. I'm going to start doing Park Runs on a Saturday morning at least once a month and work on my 5k.

But back to the Great North Run. There is so much I'm looking forward to on the day. I'm well prepared now; I have my base layer (after seeing the forecast I decided bare arms may not be an option). Though that does solve the issue of my arms rubbing as I get towards mile 10. I have my armband for my phone; which means I wont need my belt. This will solve the distraction of my belt riding round all the time. I have new duo layer socks (see twitter) and spray film to try to avoid blisters. I also go some energy bars for the morning of the run.

My breakfast is tried and tested many times, a 9 Bar and a Nakd Bar; very scrummy! I know that they both are palatable as I won't be able to face porridge and bananas give me a really bad stitch. My energy bars are the same formula to the gel shots I've been using in training. I also still have 3 jelly power shots for the run itself. I can't help feeling all those running magazines have really paid off!!

In about an hour I'm off to meet my friend Kelly; who was one of my kind contributors to my blog a few months ago. I'm really looking forward to seeing her as it's been a while. I'm sure she won't mind me telling you all she is currently undergoing some therapy sessions and is doing very well.

I've also been lucky enough to not only have my name on the front of my vest, but my twitter name on the back too!! If you're watching the run on the television or are roadside, you won't have trouble recognising me at all!! I'll be posting a photo before I leave the house and I hope to take as many photo's on the day as I can!

I'm so close to raising 300 pounds I'm so happy with the amount of people who have donated, my website will be open until the 15th October so there is plenty of time if you haven't already done so.

I'm going to update you all on the escapades at the pasta party, very much looking forward to that,. Tomorrow I hope to create my playlist for the run; I don't intend on blocking out the crowd but I do like some background music to run to.

After this blog there is only one more blog before the run, even if it's just a short one after I've packed my bag and laid out all my things the night before.

I want to thank everyone for their support and kindness and hope very much that it will continue for all my future runs.

To donate follow this link

To follow me on twitter @79bobbin

Follow @MindCharitygo to Mind

Remember... Just keep running, Just keep running!

Chrissy

1 comment: