Welcome back!
This weekend has been hasn't been one for running. A combination of factors have meant that I've missed out on some training since Wednesday.
Friday as you know if you have read my previous blog, I missed as I didn't want to run before a shift at work. Saturday was just too hot to go out for a comfortable session and as we had people round for a party in the evening I couldn't go out when it was cooler. Today? Well I'm just not as good as I used to be at handling hangovers!!
At 9am I thought I was going to be out of action all day, even my hair hurt!
At 10am I crawled to the bathroom to see last nights ingoings in reverse (I promise to spare you any further detail in that area).
By noon I could only manage a bit of a sausage sandwich every 15 mins.
It wasn't until about 2pm I decided to et up and try to make myself look human again.
The other half (Ant) and I went out to go buy me a new motorcycle helmet only to arrive at Westgate Rd (Newcastle's biker stretch) an all the biking stores were closed! So we decided to drive back home, jumped on the bike and went to Tynemouth for a cool glass of cola.
We bumped into Ant's brother Nick and his fiance Sarah (who is also running the GNR for MS Society), we had had another soft drink then we rode home. Now, I was glad I wasn't driving I can tell you. On our way home I was thinking about the chances of me going for a run and thought if I can manage the dog walk I'll give it a shot.
So, at about 7ish we took the dog out, and we wondered up to our local shop to buy potatoes for tea and on the way up I actually thought I was going to pass out. I bought myself a bottle of Power Zero sports drink and promptly drank it all before we reached the bottom of the street!
Needless to say - I've not been for a run. I've done really well recently but I think I really shouldn't go out when feeling so rotten. Hands on your heart, how many people can say they've had a good run with a hangover?
So although I'm on 1-9 shifts this week, I'll be going out when it's a lot cooler after work. I know it's very late but I do plan to stick to main roads. I might even just lap as close to home as possible.
Still here's hoping for a better week!
Thanks for dropping in for a read!
Chrissy
You can follow me on twitter @79bobbin
or you can sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/chrissyrunsin2013
No comments:
Post a Comment