Wednesday, 26 June 2013

Starting my Great North Run Training

Welcome back!

So this morning I've been to get my hair done and decided to call into Starbucks before work to update you all on my journey.

I'm feeling rather glam as I sit here with my Chai Tea Latte and panini with my hair all fancy, with my little bluetooth keyboard and tablet.... the wonders of modern technology!

This week is the start of my official half marathon training, only thing is that thing we call 'life' has interrupted proceedings this week somewhat. My training schedule started yesterday however very inconveniently our washing machine decided to pack in on Friday forcing me to sit in and wait for the new one before work yesterday.

I was scheduled also to run today, however needs must and as we are attending a wedding in 3 weeks my hair was in most desperate need of a chop.
So alas I will run on my next scheduled day of Friday morning which consists of a 30 min easy run. I reckon I should cover around 2 miles in that time so I have my route planned in my head.

I've been very good, I've updated my diary with all my scheduled runs so I always know what I should be doing and when. I've even planned in a long 8 mile run the week we're away on holiday in Dorset - I've gone so far as to map it out!

You can tell I'm on a mission, I'm determined not to be last to finish the run but I also just want to finish standing up. We'll see if I can start to maintain my average pace when I start to do my longer runs at the end of August!

There was one thing I did want to bring to your attention as Stephen Fry has been back in the news with a reaction to the support he has had since his recent suicide attempt and his openness discussing Bipolar. I hope very soon to hear from a close friend who is going to share with us her experiences with Bipolar.

You can read the recent article on the BBC News Website by clicking HERE

If you have not been reading my blog so far, may I first say Welcome! I am running the Great North Run this year in aid of Mind the mental health charity who are there to offer support and put people with any mental health issue in touch with people who can help.

The one thing I took away from the above article is that it is very important to know that although you may feel lonely or alone, you are not alone in feeling alone. I use those exact words as Stephen Fry so articulately phrased it.

I hope to very soon update you with my progress in running. I'm really working on my nemesis. Hills. 

I have no doubt in my next blog you will here how much I hate them, but it is something I really must work on as John Reid Rd at the last 2 miles of the half marathon is a steady incline lasting for a mile and a half!!

I hope you come back to follow my progress please sponsor me via my charity webpage - Chrissyrunsin2013
You can also follow me on twitter @79bobbin

Thank you for reading!

Just keep running, just keep running!

Chrissy

No comments:

Post a Comment