Hello!
Well this is the second instalment of my journey.
This week I'm up to a point in my training where I should be running up to 5 miles. Last Friday I achieved that for the first time on my life. (ever!)
I have to say, Wednesday night (which was the first time I reached that distance) it was thrilling. When my little app (Runkeeper) talked to me and told me I had reached 4 miles I was passing a point where I could have easily taken a short cut home. I didn't, I kept going!
I kept thinking.. 'If I don't do this I'll wish I had' and all I had to do was keep running!
I'm still at the pace where I have to take recovery walks - but I'm absolutely getting there. I've been getting to the stage where I can run for at least 5 lamposts (providing I'm not running uphill) before needing to stop. Even then i only walk for one lampost before I pick my feet back up again.
I never thought I'd be here.
I started running back in October. I managed up and down the street and I'd need my inhaler I could barely keep going for one lampost. I wouldn't run for anything more than a mile before coming home!
I do get envious of those who make it look so easy, it's one of the reasons I don't run as part of a running group. I feel happier about my achievements when I'm running on my own. All I have to compare them with is my previous run!! I got to remember, before I worry about how far along I am, I really have to think about where I've come from!
I plan to go out for a 5 mile run in the morning. I find it harder in the mornings so I'm trying to get up, get some fuel in there and war up.
Monday morning I didn't get out until 11 am and it was already too warm to run properly. I'm hoping that race day isn't as warm.
The weather for tomorrow is forecast to be cloudy up until about 11 am - should be a little cooler than Monday.
Here's hoping! I'm definitely not taking the dog with me for this one!
Until next time!
Chrissy
No comments:
Post a Comment