Wednesday, 5 June 2013

More about my cause. More about Mind

As you will have read in my previous blog, I'm running the Great North Run - my first ever half marathon in September. Although this is a personal goal, it's also something I'm doing for a great cause.

I'm raising money for the UK Charity Mind who raise awareness and campaign for better mental health.

I thought I should tell you a little more about it.

I have visited their website to help me explain it for you:

Their current campaigns are:
Crisis Care
Mental Health at Work
Time to Change
Benifits and Welfare reform
Access to talking therapies
NHS reform

You may want to look into this furtherand I recommend you do!! So here is their website:

http://www.mind.org.uk

I firmly believe in this cause, I have friends who suffer from various mental health problems who are struggling to even talk to someone about it let alone deal with it on a daily basis. People with these issues no matter how big or small should feel the support from those around them and feel like they have someone on their side.

I'm raising money and awareness of the charity Mind - please support me in any way you can.

If everyone of my twitter followers gave even one dollar/pound I'd have more than doubled my target.

Today I did go for my run, I found it very hard to keep up my average pace but I did it,  I acheived exactly 4 miles in 59 mins and 33 seconds. Considering that I nearly didn't go out I'm really proud I did, even if it was mostly walking I still clocked up the miles!

I hope to break out of my little rutt very soon and my body gets used to being tortured 3 times a week. You never know.... one day! lol

Thanks for reading!

Chrissy

No comments:

Post a Comment