Friday, 7 June 2013

That sunshine Friday feeling...

Welcome back!

Well it's that fantastic Friday feeling, the sun has been shining all day!!

The trouble is, it's really hard to run in this weather. The training schedule I had set myself had been to run Monday, Wednesday and Fridays, but today I've taken another rest day. I really feel like I've needed it as my muscles ached, I feel tired not only mentally but emotionally. I'm going to push myself to go out for another 5 miles tomorrow. I'm even going to try to find a different location as I feel a different route might a difference in my motivation. I don't think I feel de-motivated as such but because I know how warm it is and because I know it's going to be hard work, I don't want to feel like I'm going to let myself down and not have as good a session as I have had last week.

Last week, when I ran 5 miles I'm not going to say it was easy by any means, but it felt easier than it feels this week. On Wednesday morning this week, although my average pace wasn't affected, it didn't feel like i was moving at all. Putting one foot in front of the other felt like the biggest effort. I didn't feel like I had done as well as I did. I was pleased with the distance considering how hot it was.

I'm hoping for some cooler weather, but maybe it can wait until after the weekend. I'm on a different shift next week so I intend to run after work. It will be after 9pm but it will most definitely be cooler, so I'm hoping to be able to increase to 5.5 miles. Once I've achieved this I will know if I'm going to run in the 10k on the 23rd of June.

I received an email from Mind today which was generally just covering things like looking after your feet and wearing the right running shoes and socks. I'm looking into getting a hold of some duo-socks to reduce blisters as it really does change the way you run.

Mind also touched on the media coverage Stephen Fry has had this week after opening up about his experiences with Bipolar and his suicide attempt last year. I'm hoping to speak to a friend of mine to see what her opinions are on the subject as she was diagnosed with Bipolar some years ago. I hope to be able to share this with you very soon.

So that's it for today, I'm sure I'll be back tomorrow with my updates and experiences from my run tomorrow.

Thanks for reading!

Chrissy

No comments:

Post a Comment